WHAT FATE IS NOT



 

Over the years, I’ve heard people make statements like, "That was just his fate; there was nothing he could do" or, "Not everyone is destined to make it in life." "What is meant for you will find its way to you."

Wikipedia defines fate as a predetermined course of events. It is also known as destiny. But who says we have to go through that predetermined course of events? Who says we have to submit blindly to the plans fate has for us? Who says what will be will actually be? What if what is meant for you misses its way to you because you didn’t stand up to fight for it?

So many people choose to believe that every failure they experience and every opportunity that slips out of their grasp is something they can do nothing about. "It was fate," they say. Stop blaming fate! I strongly believe that we can rewrite our fate, but only if we want to!

If I am fated not to achieve my dreams, am I to give up that for which I long the most? If fate has it for me to go through a course of events that I do not wish for myself, am I to go through life blaming fate all along? Definitely not! Because, in line with the words of William McFee, if fate means I lose, I’ll give him a good fight anyhow!

Lemony Snicket once said, "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like." Paul Coelho's quote is quite similar, for he said too, "Fate is a one-way street."

If fate is like a strange restaurant with waiters who bring me things I didn’t ask for and things I don’t like, I will start up my own restaurant, cook, and serve things I’d like to eat!

If fate is a one-way street, I will walk in the opposite direction!

Fate might be a force bigger and greater than me, but I will put up a fight rather than accept the status quo. Luckily, there’s something about people who put up a fight against fate: they demystify it!

If fate has had years of people submitting blindly to its provisions, it will wonder at the audacity of someone who wants to be different.

Truth be told, trying to confront fate does not promise to be a walk in the park; fate will always test how far one is willing to go. But with perseverance, a lot of hard work, and a firm resolution not to give up, one just might win in the fight against fate!

So, don’t you dare go around saying, "What will be will be." Get up on your feet and make sure that what is meant to be actually becomes a reality. Let go of the opinion that you’re fated to fail a particular course; get yourself up and convince fate that you have to excel at that course. Because who says we can’t change our fate?

Till now, we have used fate to justify failure and mediocrity. It is time to define fate as a prompt to fight for what we want. Let’s believe we are fated to redefine the norm, and beyond believing, let’s go ahead and do it!

 


Comments

  1. You have really good content, Ayomide. Keep winning👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring content@ babe Dhale. Mum Gbolayo is always proud of u, keep it up babe🫱.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy Gbolayooooo😩😩😩 thank you so much ma'am ❤️❤️

      Delete
  3. 😌😌🥹🥹☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IN RETROSPECT

Welcome Blog

GRATEFUL FOR GROWTH