MY EXPERIENCE AS A BLOGGER: BIG DREAMS, LAZY KID VERSION

  

 


"Launch a blog", they said, "it’d be easy", they said.

Actually, there’s no "they", I brought this upon myself. I was actually super eager and excited to start my blog. Some call it the joy of venturing into something new. I had butterflies in my tummy as I chose my designs and settings. I felt good when I explored and discovered new things in my workspace. While preparing to make the video in my welcome blog post, the excitement was so overwhelming that I almost committed to uploading content twice a week! But being the lazy kid that I am, I had to be true to myself.

I literally wanted to explode with happiness when I created the meme for my first post and published my first blog post. The comments took me off my feet; I was super happy to know that people liked my writings and could relate to them. I blushed countless times at the sight of my blog until I had to caution myself because how would I randomly start smiling at a non-living thing?!

The weeks that followed gave me first-hand lessons on the quote, "Nothing good comes easy". There were days I thought about my blog, and instead of smiling, I began panicking because the week had almost run out and I’d been busy all along. There were times when it felt like my brain was on a vacation, and it wasn’t ending that vacation any time soon. Other times, I wasn’t content with what I had written, and so I had to start afresh.

Some might wonder why I always wait till the last minute to create my posts, but it seems I can’t bring myself to draft a story if it isn’t the dying minute. I definitely have to write on procrastination and how it’s a friend to poor poor lazy kids with big dreams. (I'll write it later, though)

Amidst all the trouble that came with creating stories for my blog came the weekly reward of uploading a post. After writing the blog post for the week and creating a meme to match, a certain wave of fulfillment would flood my heart at the click of the "Publish" button. Taking a look at a piece I had struggled so much to create had an effect on me. It didn’t matter how tired I was or how busy I had been; the corners of my lips always rose up in a gentle smile or smirk.

In my subconscious last night, I kept fussing about what to post today. But here I am, smiling awkwardly at my computer, narrating how it’s been for me these past two months as a blogger.

Although I’m just recounting my experience as a blogger, there’s something we can draw from this. (Of course I’m going to use every chance I get to give a motivation because, why not???) Do what you love; go for what gives you fulfillment and satisfaction. Because, on the days when it feels like it’s time to give up, what you love won’t let you give up; it’ll make the corners of your lips rise in a gentle smile, no matter how tired or busy you might have been!

 

Comments

  1. Beautiful.

    You sure should look at content writing as a skill to develop.
    Kudos 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely look into it, thank youuuuu❤️

      Delete
  2. Nobody talks about how impossible it is to get things done until the dying minute 🥲 So relatable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IN RETROSPECT

Welcome Blog

GRATEFUL FOR GROWTH